The Ultimate IMMERSION Photography Course
2 FULL days of intensive instruction.
May 5th and 6th 2018
Presenting a new way to learn photography in a hands-on specialized environment!
Designed to get you from where you are at in photography, to a whole new level with 2 full days of personalized photography instruction with David and Ally McKay!
No matter what your photography level, you will learn a ton in this immersive learning environment! Each day will be filled with 8 to 10 hours of instruction at the McKay’s Classroom and Gallery location as well as on location in the area.
This is a SMALL group hands-on learning environment and will sell out fast, so do not delay in registering to be a part of something super special!
All at a truly affordable price!
Techniques discussed in class will be applied during hands-on training!
Classroom Instruction Includes:
- Classroom knowledge and learning including reviews of all manual settings
- Exposure Triangle Revisited
- RAW vs JPEG
- Setting your camera for optimum quality
- Focus Systems for YOUR camera and needs
- Lens choice for various situations
- Depth of Field
- Image reviews together in class
- …….and MORE!
Shooting Instruction Includes:
- “Capturing action” in regular and in low light situations
- 3 hour Night Time shoot of Old Sacramento
- Depth of Field sessions and training
- Basic Macro Techniques
- Getting silky smooth water shots
- Using flash correctly when photographing people
- Setting up a custom white balance
- Fun special effects photography – SURPRISES AWAIT!
- Panning techniques
- Painting with Light!
- May 5th and 6th 2018
- Workshop Starts Saturday, May 5th at 9am
- Workshop Ends Sunday, May 6th, 5pm
- This is a specialty intensive course over 2 days. Vouchers including Groupon, Living Social and others are not valid on this course. For use of your voucher, please see the Standard Classes.
The Ultimate IMMERSION Photoshop Course
June 2nd and 3rd 2018
Presenting a new way to learn photoshop in a hands-on specialized environment!
Designed to get you from where you are at in photoshop, to a whole new level with 2 full days of personalized photoshop instruction with
David and Ally McKay!
No matter what your level of this software you will learn a ton in this immersive learning environment! Each day will be filled with 8 hours of hands on instruction at the McKay’s Classroom and Gallery location. This is HANDS on learning and you are welcome to bring your computer!
These courses are designed to immerse you in a new environment of learning and are much more in depth than our basic courses.
If you are new to Photoshop, there is no need to be intimidated, we will be working with you!
This is a SMALL group hands on learning environment and will sell out fast, so do not delay on registering to be a part of something super special!
All at a truly affordable price!
Techniques discussed in class will be applied during hands on training!
- Understanding the tools
- Fixing exposure
- Removing objects
- Obtaining True Black and White
- Sizing for prints
- Creating photo montages, posters, invitations and more!
- Using the history tool to get exactly what you want in the image!
- Creating HDR images
- and MUCH MUCH MORE!
- BONUS – Understanding NIK Software that is FREE!
Photoshop and People
- Removing blemishes
- Smoothing Skin
- Removing wrinkles
- Teeth Whitening
- Taking extra pounds off
- Removing double chins
- Opening squinting eyes
- Head Swaps
- Removing Stray Hairs
- and MUCH MUCH MORE!
- June 6th and 7th 2018
- Workshop begins at 10 am on both Saturday and Sunday
- Time will be taken for a lunch break
- Early Bird Rate! – $399
But I don’t own Photoshop. No problem
I own it but I have never used it? No problem.
I’ve played around with it but have no clue. No Problem.
You do NOT need to own PS to take the course. NOR do you NEED to bring a laptop , however you are more than welcome to! In fact, it is HIGHLY recommend that you come and take notes with OR without your computer. YES, that is correct. Why? Because we have found that people get lost and miss the steps they need. It is far better to take notes of each step and THEN apply what you have learned at your own pace. This in fact is how the professional photography industry works when teaching this software at conventions.
Q. What if I am new to editing?
A. This course is designed to teach you even if you have never opened Photoshop to learning an incredible amount in just two days!
Q. Isn’t Photoshop extremely hard to learn?
A. The truth is PS is an extremely large and powerful piece of software. But like many things, if someone shows you what to do, it is MUCH EASIER and less intimidating that you would expect. We are confident you can learn!
Q. What if I do not own the software?
A. We will highly recommend Adobe’s subscription plan for editing. It is the best deal out there at $9.99 a month! You can get a free trial for 7 days prior to the course here.
Q. Why not use Lightroom?
A. We strongly believe in Lightroom for editing as well. However, Photoshop has much more it can do especially when it comes to removing unwanted objects and working on images of people. Photoshop also allows you to create exciting layouts and montages! We will explain the pros and cons of each software in this course. By the time you are done though, you will be convinced PS is also a much needed editing tool!
Q. Can I just buy PS Elements.
A. Yes you can, however, Adobe is moving towards a monthly subscription base with all of their products and honestly, it is far less money and includes updates regularly so you always have the most up to date tools that they come out with! Many tools we like to use are not available in the limited version of elements.
Q. What is Nik software?
A. Nik software is a powerful addition to both Photoshop and Lightroom. This software used to cost hundreds of dollars, but recently after Google purchased the company, they made the software FREE! You can get yours here. You must have Photoshop or Lightroom to use it. When downloading, the set up will ask you where you want to install it at. You will see it under ‘filters’ in PS after installation.
Details for all Courses
- Sacramento, CA
- McKay Photography Academy Classroom & Gallery
- 11344 Coloma Suite 346, Gold River CA 95670
- The Sacramento International Airport (SMF) is the closest airport to the course location.
- Lodging is not included in the course price. There are several hotels in the area. A list of recommended properties will be sent out after registration. We will assist with finding roommates for those who request it.
Does Not Include:
- Lodging, Transportation or Travelers Insurance (Recommended)
- Personal expenses such as meals or beverages