We will rise before sunrise to get into the park as early as allowed and spend all day exploring and photographing the iconic sites of the park and of course any wildlife we encounter!
- Dates: Feb 28th- Mar 6th, 2019
- Price: $2195 ($1895 Early Bird Pay in full rate by June 24th)
- Non Photographer Friend or Spouse Rate -$1095 VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY -2 spaces!
- Payment plan option available
- Airport: Arrive/Depart – Bozeman, MT
- An optional pre-tour day at Animals of Montana Photographing the wildlife! Cost TBA
Included during tour dates:
- Instruction with David and Ally McKay and the MPA team
- McKay Team Image Reviews with Lightroom and Photoshop Instruction
- Transportation to and from Yellowstone from Bozeman
- Park Permits and Fees
- Private Snowcoach transportation for the Yellowstone Excursion Days
- Transportation to and from Bozeman, MT airport
- Accommodations ( We will have a group rate hotel that is very reasonable in Bozeman and West Yellowstone) We can help you find a roommate if you ask.
- Trip Insurance
- Personal Expenses
- Snowmobile excursion rental- Optional Day
- Staff Gratuities
Feb 28, 2019 – Thurs – Arrive Bozeman – 7pm Meeting – OR (Optional Animals of MT day TBD)
Mar 1, 2019 – Fri – Head to West Yellowstone
Mar 2, 2019 – Sat – Private Snow Coach Yellowstone (Route 1)
Mar 3, 2019 – Sun – Private Snow Coach Yellowstone (Route 2)
Mar 4, 2019 – Mon – Free-Day! Optional Snowmobile Excursion
Mar 5, 2019 – Tues – Drive back to Bozeman- Photograph Ghost towns!
Mar 6, 2019 – Wed – Depart Bozeman at Your LeisureBase Itinerary as Scheduled*
Arrive Bozeman, MT – Take shuttle or Taxi to the hotel. 15-minute drive
– 7pm Tour Introduction and Information Meeting
Drive to West Yellowstone. We will stop along the way photographing some scenic sites
Days 3 and 4
Winter in Yellowstone! Based on our guide’s recommendations, as well as weather, we will spend each day exploring the wonders and wildlife of Yellowstone in Winter! Of course, we will head to some iconic spots such as Old Faithful, but the real beauty on Yellowstone lies is in the incredible scenes and wildlife along the way!
Day 5 Day off/ Optional Snowmobile Excursion!
West Yellowstone has an incredible snowmobile trail system just outside the park boundaries. Whether you are new to snowmobiles or have ridden many times, they are simple and fun to operate. We split into small groups based on abilities and also can help partner those up that prefer not to drive but would still like to experience the day. This is NOT an official MPA excursion, however, our team will be leading the group through the trails. This is a blast and a highlight every year for those that join.
Experience the wonder of the “Ghost Trees” full of snow!
If you are unsure about this, please do not hesitate to ask any questions.
Not recommended for those with a bad back.
Drive back to Bozeman a different route. This time we will stop at some awesome Old West towns for lunch and photography!