January 9th, 2020 | 6:00pm
Beginning Editing Photoshop
Learning to capture an image is just the first part in creating great photographic images. Editing images has always been a part of photography. As an example, Ansel Adams was an exceptional darkroom craftsmen and that is how he got his images to look they they do. They did not come out of the camera as you see them today!
In today’s digital environment, we have more tools than ever to take photographs to the next level, all without the smell of chemicals and difficulties of a darkroom. We now have the “digital” darkroom!
In this course, learn to get started with basic editing in Adobe Photoshop. Discussed will be the difference between Adobe Products of Lightroom and Photoshop and how they are actually meant to work together. We will not spend time on organizing your images, however, different aspects of getting your images downloaded and organized will be taught and discussed.
From there, we will dive in to what is possible in both of these programs! You will learn some basic editing techniques that will blow you away and that you will find you can do without being overwhelmed! One of the aspects we find most challenging for students, is where to begin, and feeling overwhelmed by the software . We will break it down in easy to understand segments.
Owning Lightroom or Photoshop is NOT needed to take this class although if you do own it, you are welcome to bring a laptop. We highly recommend people bring a notepad and take notes vs trying to follow each step on their computer. This will help you retain the knowledge you need!
Beginning Editing – Photoshop
- Date: January 9th, 2020, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Location: McKay Photography Academy Gallery
- Covered Topics Include:
- Photoshop vs Lightroom (why they are meant to work together)
- Using the Develop /Camera RAW modules
- Various Editing Techniques that will help you immediately!
- How long are the classes? Our editing courses are 3 hours long.
- Can I take multiple classes on the same day? Yes, you can, if you think your brain can handle it. You would be surprised at how much information can be covered in a few hours. With that said, it is very common for students to attend multiple classes on any given day of classes.
- My Son / Daughter is under 18, can they attend your class without a parent present? Believe it or not, this is a common question for us. We welcome students of all ages. If you have further or more specific questions and concerns regarding this subject, please feel free to contact us, and we would be happy to discuss with the parent or legal guardian.
- What is the typical class size? Class sizes are now kept as a small group for the maximum learning opportunity. Each course will allow you the opportunity to ask questions and learn in a small group setting! Typical class size is around ten people.
- What should I bring to this class?
- Purchased Voucher/Receipt for Entry
- A Laptop with Adobe Photoshop is NOT required however you are welcome to bring.
- Notepad and Pen – We highly recommend taking notes in this course so you can practice at home.
- Where is the class located?
- McKay Photography Academy
- 11344 Coloma Rd Suite 346, Gold River, CA 95670
- We are located in the Regents Park Business complex near the back of the parking lot.