October 8th – 11th, 2020
Zion Hiking and Photography Tour 2020
Sold Out. Sign up for waitlist
Zion National Park – Small Group Photography
October 8th – 11th, 2020
Group Size Limit 8!
One Instructor, with a MAX of 8 participants. I am going to share my favorite Zion NP locations, along with awesome astrophotography opportunities and a Zion Narrows hike!* And, pack in an optional night of astrophotography just outside Las Vegas.
Zion NP is gorgeous and wild and unlike any other park. Join me as we get away from the crowds and capture epic SW scenery in beautiful and peaceful locations. Transportation from Las Vegas to Zion NP is included. We will stay just outside the park. Amazing photographic opportunities right outside our door. This trip is designed to minimize drive time and maximize our time capturing amazing photographs in a friendly and supportive environment.
Please note that this is a much more active tour than typical McKay trips – with longer & more strenuous hikes to beautiful destinations. See below for more details on the recommended fitness level for participants.
Adventure with Toby into the Narrows!
Join me along with a small group of workshop participants for an adventurous tour of one of my favorite national parks!
I first ventured to Zion NP in 1999 and fell in love with the unique beauty and stunning sandstone formations. On subsequent tours, I have explored the nooks and crannies and want to share with you this incredibly beautiful park.
This tour will explore the Narrows of Zion NP – one of the most EPIC hikes on the PLANET! That’s not hyperbole. You will hike in a narrow, stream filled slot canyon with sandstone walls rising thousands of feet above your head. Beautiful scenes around each corner. We will also explore some lesser-known corners of the park offering amazing photographic opportunities.
The Zion Narrows hike is weather and river flow dependent. This hike requires wading in cold water for hours but the rewards are simply amazing. We will rent appropriate shoes and walking sticks to make the journey safer. Waterproof bags for your camera gear will be available to rent too.
We will also take the time to hike to beautiful vistas providing awesome scenery and multiple photographic opportunities along the way.
Photographer – Pay in Full, Photographer – Payment Plan
- Max 8 students
- Price: $1595 (Early Bird Rate SPECIAL $1395 if paid in full by Nov 1, 2019! It will sell out before then)
- Payment plans available for all budgets, just ask!
- Activity Level: Moderate to Strenuous depending on your fitness level
- Price includes:
- Your instructor, Tobias Gelston, personally educating and photographing with you!
- Small group size
- 3 days of shooting with instruction, plus an optional Thursday night astrophotography
- Transportation from Las Vegas to Zion NP and back – no rental car needed.
- Price DOES NOT include:
- Recommended trip insurance
- Instructor Gratuities
- We have secured a block rate at our host hotel – Hampton Inn & Suites Springdale/Zion National Park They have a limited number of rooms they are holding. After you register I will be in touch with more details.
- We can help facilitate a roommate if requested
- Toby Gelston
Please download the Tour Packet from link below when it becomes available. The information contained in this packet is also available under the Tour Prep page here on the web site. However, this packet will also include some gear specifics for this tour as well as accommodations list, arrival info etc.