Sept 27th – Oct 1st, 2024
Sedona Photo Bootcamp: Photography, Editing and Critique
Sold Out. Sign up for waitlist
- Additional information
- THE DETAILS:
- Base itinerary
- Tour Pack
“Sedona Photo Bootcamp: Photography, Editing and Critique”
A *NEW* style of MPA workshop!
Join MPA instructors Toby Gelston and Frank Stelges in beautiful Sedona Arizona for our first Photo Bootcamp!
highlights include small group, personalized instruction, daily critiques, and classroom time in addition to photographing stunning Sedona.
Dates – Sept 27th – Oct 1st, 2024
- Capture breathtaking sunrise and sunset scenes in and around enchanting Sedona, Arizona.
- Immerse yourself in astrophotography amidst an international Dark Sky community.
- Enhance your skills through daily classroom instruction, learning editing techniques on your just captured photos.
- Receive daily challenges and regular valuable constructive feedback to elevate your photography skills.
This is a blend of classroom instruction and in-the-field practice.
You also have the option of a sunrise hot air balloon ride in one of the most scenic and peaceful locations on Earth!
- Red Rock Landscapes: Sedona’s distinct red rock formations, such as Cathedral Rock and Bell Rock, provide captivating and picturesque backdrops for photography. The interplay of light and shadows on these rocks throughout the day creates a dynamic environment for capturing breathtaking shots
- Dramatic Sunsets and Sunrises: Sedona’s clear skies, combined with its unique geography, often result in striking sunsets and sunrises. The vibrant colors that paint the sky provide excellent opportunities for landscape photography.
- Diverse Flora and Fauna: Sedona showcases a diverse range of plant life, including cacti, wildflowers, and trees. This variety allows photographers to capture a wide array of nature shots, from macro photography of intricate flowers to capturing wildlife in their natural habitat.
- Sedona offers a range of architectural elements, including modern designs, rustic cabins, and Spanish-inspired motifs. This architectural variety adds interest and provides photographers with a rich canvas for capturing different moods and perspectives.
This is a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE on reservations by clicking the registration link below
A Photographic Bootcamp for ALL LEVELS including
Beginner through Advanced!
As always, we expect this tour to sell out! Don’t miss it!
Non-Photographer, Photographer – Pay in Full, Photographer – Payment Plan
- Attendee to Instructor Ratio: SMALL GROUP tour – 10 photographers and 2 Instructors!
- Price: $1795 (Early Bird Rate SPECIAL $1695 if paid in full by January, 7 2024.
- 6 Month Payment Plans Available at Full Rate
- Price includes:
- The MPA team personally educating and photographing with you!*
- Full days of shooting with classroom instruction.
- Nighttime Star Session ( Weather permitting)
- Transportation during activities and shooting times
- Price DOES NOT include:
- Transportation to Sedona, AZ
- Phoenix International Airport
- An MPA shuttle from the airport to the hotel
- Recommended Trip Insurance
- Personal Expenses
- Such as meals, room service, alcohol, or beverages
- We can help facilitate a roommate if you would like
- Transportation to Sedona, AZ
Room Info comings soon
- Toby Gelston
- Frank Stelges
Instructors are scheduled, however, they are subject to change as needed.
Please download the updated Tour Packet from the link below when it becomes available. This is usually 3-4 months prior to the tour.
The information contained in this packet is also available under the Tour Prep page here on the web site. However, this packet will also include some gear specifics for this tour.
A few words from guests on a recent Frank and Toby-led photo workshop:
Beginners and experienced photographers alike will benefit from the style of this instruction. For relative newcomers, you will learn the capabilities of your gear and become familiar with techniques that will serve you forever. For experienced photographers, the challenges posed on daily shoots will push you to think differently about what you’ve “always done” and will help you grow as an artist. Toby and Frank have a very broad knowledge base and can answer just about any question you may have with kindness and understanding. Egos are left out of the trip – this is all about learning and having a great experience in photography.
If you are looking to take your photography skills to the next level, jump at the opportunity to attend Toby and Frank’s workshop. This “Dynamic Duo” provides a one-of-a-kind adventure while helping you with your technical and creative skills. The daily photo challenges helped push my creativity and see subjects in a new way and the image review provided an opportunity for feedback not only from the DD but from other students. I look forward to attending another workshop to expand on what I’ve learned.
I so appreciated the opportunity to learn more about photography from both of you in Italy, the daily challenges were outstanding as these made me “work” to achieve the objective, then be able to review everyone’s photo in that challenge was another opportunity to absorb your knowledge and how to better critique photos.
I still feel it was the most outstanding experience I’ve ever had on a tour!
– Diane Bush
I just spent a month with Toby and Frank on a spectacular trip to Italy. Not only was the scenery fantastic, but the exceptional instruction and assistance from Toby and Frank was outstanding. My photo skills (capture, camera knowledge, composition, and expanding my boundaries) was greatly enhanced through the daily challenges we were assigned. This soon became a highlight of my trip. I learned an incredible amount in such a short time…and came home with some really amazing shots! I feel I have really grown in my photography through this experience. Totally loved it!
– Julie HealeI have traveled with the McKay Photography Academy many times since 2020. I keep going back to MPA because of the fabulous locations but also the great education by the professional instructors and the small groups. But the trip to Italy in the spring of 2023 stands out among the rest. We stayed at 3 different places for 6 days each, Tuscany, Cinque Terre and the Dolomites. Each day, we were given daily challenges by our instructors, Toby Gelston and Frank Stelges. Staying in each place allowed us to have time in the afternoon before dinner to have image reviews. The daily challenges were very creative. We shot in black and white, looked for reflections in water, looked for the “Good Life….La Dolce Vita, while in Sienna, details and motion as examples. This forced us all to think differently about how we would normally photograph, be it landscapes, architecture or people. The image reviews allowed us to learn and improve our work each day. One of my favorite McKay trips of all.-Mary MaddenYour Italy workshop was terrific. Great scenery, wonderful food and a supportive group. What really helped me grow my skills were your daily challenges, the image review with constructive feedback, the opportunity to see how others saw the same location, and the suggestions made by my fellow photographers. A truly enjoyable way to become better at my craft.-Rudiger Wolf