October 19th – November 2nd , 2024
South Georgia / Falkland Islands Exclusive!
Only spaces remaining!
- Additional information
- Poseidon Expeditions M/V Sea Spirit
- Tour Pack
For a LONG time we have hoped for an opportunity to take people to South Georgia and the Falklands just as it’s own tour in order to photograph the incredible wildlife.
We FINALLY have a unique situation in order to fly in and board the Sea Spirit, then spend time focusing on the King Penguin colonies as well as so much more!
Usually, you have to do the entire 28 day trip there and then onto Antarctica with many days at sea.
This opportunity came about to MPA and we do have to move quick as it is a one time chance with only ONE departure. Please see all the information below and then email firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed pricing information.
*Hiking difficulty – There is some uneven ground over stones and snow on this tour. You also have to be able to get into and out of a Zodiac (with help) and should be in relatively good heath. Almost everything we photograph is within a very short walk from Zodiacs. If you have any concerns or special circumstances, please do not hesitate to reach out with your questions.
Photographer, Photographer – Pay in Full
- Dates: October 19th – November 2nd , 2024
- Price: MUST EMAIL FOR PRICE! (based on shared cabins-no single space available). We will pair you with a person of same gender and so there is no need to worry about a single supplement fee! See ship and accommodation description below.
- Payment plan available!
- Register or Inquiries by emailing email@example.com
- Airport: Arrive/Depart – Santiago, Chile Information, and travel tips will be sent to all attendees- We recommend arriving a day early and will provide hotel information.
- IMPORTANT INFO –
- This will be a smaller tour and will be VERY LIMITED on how many we can take.
- This is a unique opportunity that we have been presented with exclusively with special pricing for Oct 19th- Nov 2nd 2024.
- Registration is to be complete by contacting David McKay and he will work directly with you to register.
- Due to the pricing offer we have been given, we cannot share via our web site. PLEASE EMAIL if you are interested and David will send you an email back with all pricing.
- Hint- The pricing is less than direct with Poseidon and their early bird rate, PLUS you get photographic MPA instruction.
Dates – October 19th – November 2nd, 2024
- Ship – Poseidon Expeditions M/V Sea Spirit and accommodations.
- Pricing LESS than direct early bird rates with Poseidon. This is EXLCLUSIVE. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for all pricing available.
- Roundtrip Santiago de Chile – Stanley flights on embarkation and disembarkation days;
- Personalized Photographic Instruction
- Editing Instruction
- Private Zodiacs
- Seminars on board by Poseidon Expedition staff and crew
- Group transfer to the ship for embarkation
- All meals onboard throughout the voyage;
- Tea and coffee station 24 hours daily;
- All scheduled landings/excursions (subject to weather and ice conditions);
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader & Expedition Team;
- Branded Poseidon Expeditions parka;
- Rubber boots for shore landings for the time of the cruise;
- Welcome and Farewell cocktails;
- All port fees;
- Group transfer to airport right after disembarkation;
- Pre-departure materials;
- Digital Voyage Log;
- Wi-Fi on board.
Price – Due to the pricing offer we have been given, we cannot share via mass mail or on our web site. PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com or simply reply to this email if you are interested, and David will send you an email back with all detailed pricing and cabin options.
The deposit is only $2500 to secure your space. Payments can then be made over 12 months interest-free!
Due to our relationship and how we will contract with Poseidon Expeditions, we are exclusively able to offer this to our McKay clients at a rate such as this that is unavailable ANYWHERE. PLUS, you get McKay Photography Instruction, as well as private zodiacs so you are not dealing with people standing up with their ipads in front of you!
You can see it for yourself, check out the ship, and read the itinerary here on the Poseidon website at this link. Our prices are less than the early bird rates offered but we cannot advertise those.
This is truly a lifetime experience at a price that is exclusive for McKay!
- Toby Gelston
- David McKay
- Ally McKay
Instructors are scheduled, however they are subject to change based on needs.
Poseidon Expeditions M/V Sea Spirit
Like some of the birds we see in the Arctic and Antarctica, our m/v Sea Spirit is migratory and follows the sun, northbound in the summer and southbound in the winter, always ready for spontaneous discoveries — a pod of whales, a family of polar bears or a glaciated mountain vista. She is highly maneuverable and capable of navigating the narrow fjords of East Greenland and entering the small bays of Spitsbergen. In 2017, she was renovated to offer a unique mixture of adventure and comfort for our sophisticated travelers.
Onboard, we create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all our guests. They are united by one goal — to have a memorable wilderness experience and to become real polar adventurers. We believe that first-hand travel to such places makes one an ambassador for conservation, and helps strengthen our resolve to protect these natural environments for future generations.
Please download the Tour Packet from link below when it becomes available. Much of the information contained in the packet is also available under the Tour Prep page here on the web site. However, this packet will also include some gear specifics for this tour. Please note that specific flight information, arrival and departure times, accommodations, and other logistical information may not be in this packet. Those items will be emailed to you at various times in the planning process of each tour.
TOUR PACK COMING SOON!